Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
1700 Maplewood Drive Sulphur LA 70663 Ph: 337-625-4288
Come worship with us.
Home About Us Ministries Contact Us Events
stained glass About Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

In September 1950, a group of thirteen families met at the home of Lynn LeBlanc to discuss the formation of an Episcopal mission in Sulphur. Subsequently Bishop Girault Jones sent Fr. Fred W. Kneipp to organize an Episcopal mission in Sulphur. The first service was held on September 3, 1950, in the Sulphur American Legion Hall. Holy Trinity became a parish in January, 1957. The Vestry, the governing body of the church, consists of 12 persons elected from the church membership during the Annual Meeting in January. A Vestry person serves a three year term with four being replaced each year. In order to serve on the vestry, a person must be a member of Holy Trinity for at least one year, attend church regularly and be a contributor of record.

Holy Trinity celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2000 with special events and activities throughout the year. To commemorate the event, Virginia Oliver has written a book titled Holy Trinity Episcopal Church The First Fifty Years. The book is available through the church office.

                                      Mother Ally
                                      Mother Ally Perry

To take a look at our former clergy, please click here.        

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, {being} many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another."
Romans 12:4-5